ToL Glossary page and from the right sidebar's preferences menu.
Turn on "Show Random Pictures from this Group"
Visit the ToL Features for Learners page to read more about features, such as discussion forums and special templates for teachers, we are planning to implement in the future.
- Add more pictures to your page by choosing this option from the right sidebar preference's menu available on ToL article, note and treehouse pages.
- Learn about phylogenetic biology
- Find out what phylogenetic biology is and why it is important to the ToL.
- Take the ToL Learning Tour
- Find curriculum materials on the Teacher Resources page
- Visit ToL treehouses
- View investigations, games, stories, art and culture pieces, biographies and more. Visit treehouses by clicking the links in the right sidebar, going to the main treehouse page under the browse menu, or by visiting ToL branch and leaf pages with treehouses.
- Build treehouses
on your own or with your class!
- As a you will:
- Build excitement about bioscience learning by providing your students with fun and creative ways to learn about Life on Earth.
- Support the scientific inquiry process in your classroom and help create young scientists. ToL learning resources assist students with building their prior knowledge, reflecting on their practice, publishing their results, entering into the dialogue of scientists, and generally building their self-concept as science practitioners.
- Forge connections between science, literacy and technology learning. Creating web pages provides a motivating medium to promote student writing and scientific enterprise. The process of building a web page will cultivate students' basic computer skills, as well as more advanced areas such as the creation of multimedia files.
- As a you and your students will:
- Create your own treehouse web pages using ToL web-based data entry tools and digital media: images, audio, movies, and text.
- Publish treehouse games, stories, investigations, art and cultural pieces, biographies, and teacher resources on the Tree of Life.
- Learn about phylogeny biology, new places, organisms and projects.
- Access fun, interdisciplinary treehouse building activities to learn about biodiversity online, in class and outdoors.
- Collaborate with other with kids, teachers, science enthusiasts and scientists from around the world and connect your work to the larger bioscience community.
with any questions you may have.
go to top
go to top